See more of our race!
Full disclosure: this is my third year to run the Cap 10K and it seems like each year gets better and better. As the largest 10K in Texas, this race attracts runners of all different backgrounds and has a really fun atmosphere. I look forward to this race every year to cap off (see what I did there?) my racing season in Texas.
Here are my favorite aspects of this year's race:
- Easy sign up process and organized info for race day.
- A fun expo with quality vendors.
- An easy-to-access start line, complete with free parking options (if you get there early).
- A huge crowd, with unique costumes because of the costume contest.
- Extra challenges, like the King of the Hill, which times you as you ascend up to the highest point on the course.
- Well staffed, enthusiastic aid and cheer stations, as well as live music nearly every mile.
- Great swag, such as a cute tech shirt and medals, which were new this year!
- An unbeatable post race party, hosted at Austin's scenic Auditorium Shores.
For more details on my personal experience, read the full review here: