- 3 miles/5K, 13.1 miles/Half Marathon, 26.2 miles/Marathon, Relay
- Road Race
- Event Website
After enjoying the race in Dallas so much earlier this year, I couldn’t wait to check out Rock ‘n’ Roll San Antonio! I think this was the largest race I've run, and due to the time of year, it's definitely one that I would recommend to anyone. The weather can be nice (it wasn't this year, but that's not the race's fault) and San Antonio is all decorated for the holidays.
Here are some of the other highlights from the race:
- Sign ups were easy and there was ample communication beforehand (though it was almost information overload).
- There was ample surface parking near the runner drop off areas, which made it easy to get to the race.
- Course support was on point - they had plenty of water, gatorade, porta potties and volunteers, though I still would like to see them add in a couple more aid stations.
- Spirited crowds (likely due to the size of the race) and incredible scenery made braving the rainy weather worth it.
- All of the bands stationed on the course were fantastic, with a good amount of variety, including local mariachi bands and folk dancers.
- The post race party didn't disappoint either, with more music, lots of gear and of course, lots of food!
- I love my new shirt and medal; and plan to wear it all the time.
For more details, read my full review here: http://freetorunblog.com/rock-n-roll-san-antonio-half-marathon-race-recap-and-review/