- 3 miles/5K, 6 miles/10K, 13.1 miles/Half Marathon
- Road Race
- Event Website
I've run this race a number of times and thought that this year's course was the best one so far.
- Started at Monroe Harbor
- Headed south on the Lakefront Trail
- Did a loop through Grant Park
- Headed back North alongside the lake
- Finished back at Monroe Harbor
This year's course:
- Started in Grant Park
- Headed North on Columbus Drive
- Turned left on Randolph and headed towards the lakefront
- Headed south on the lakefront path (Mile 2 was the same as Mile 1 from the old course)
- Crossed under the bridge at Roosevelt Road and headed back North along Lake Shore Drive past Buckingham Fountain
- Finished back in Grant Park
While parts of the two courses are almost identical, one of the key differences is that this year's course provided a lot more shade for runners. This came in handy since temperatures warmed up significantly between the start and finish. Also, with the finish line being in Grant Park, runners didn't have to cross Lake Shore Drive get to the post race party like they did in previous years. The finisher's medals had a nice Chicago Theatre theme.
Most importantly, the 2015 Rock n Roll Chicago 5K was the first race my daughter Sara and I ran together. We ran this one together too. It was a nice way to celebrate our running anniversary.