Burgers and Beer 5k
Burgers and Beer 5k( 2 reviews )
HeatherChicago, Illinois, United States
This was a well organized event. It was your general out and back on the Lakefront Path, but it was the post-race party that really makes this race stick out. There were burgers from Billy Goat Tavern and Goose Island beer.
Things I liked about this race:
• Packet pickup was held on multiple days at Universal Sole (4 days + on site)
• Adult Gender Specific Tech T-Shirt
• Start and finish near Soldier Field
• Easy to get to using public transportation
• Billy Goat Tavern cheeseburgers! (vegan options were also available) + condiments (pickles, ketchup, mustard... maybe onions? I don't like them so didn't notice)
• Goose Island 312 (Urban Wheat Ale & Urban Pale Ale)
• Raffle at the end - lots of prizes given away
• Rainbow Cone Ice cream
• Lots of sponsor/vendor tents - Saucony, Nuun, Pretzel Crisps, etc.
• I thought Nuun would be given out at the turnaround, but I only saw water - could have missed it (not that this is a big deal, I just love Nuun and was looking forward to it. I know for a 3 miler most people don't even need water.)
• It was on a Monday. Again, not a deal breaker, it was actually kind of fun, though I was tired the remainder of the work week. Just an FYI for those that don't like weekday races.
For more details, check out my recap: http://www.heatherrunsthirteenpointone.com/2014/09/burgers-and-beer-5k-recap.html