Latest reviews by Bridget Gaug
Never did I think that a FUN half marathon race would be something that I would do. But this race is something special.
- The expo is non-existent. It is just bib pick up at the mall.
- It was quick and easy which is great if you just need to get what you want.
- I loved the race shirt, it was a nice long sleeve 1/4 zip up. You also get a Santa beard and hat. They don't require you to wear it but they do recommend that you do.
- Since I was two hours away from the race we stayed in the hotel that was the outskirt of the mall (where the race started/ended). It was the best decision. Parking was easy and it was a short 2-minute walk to the start line.
- Before the race, there are LARGE inflatable Santa's, reindeer and lots chances to take some cool before photos.
- The half marathon starts before the 5K and you would be surprised how many people are wearing the race day shirt, beards, etc. (My self-included)
- The course is a moderate course but is nothing super amazing to look at. You go near the mall, by some business parks, through a neighborhood, by the airport and finish with a final lap around the mall.
- It is pretty flat with one major hill that I remember but there are lots of funny signs to keep you "ho, ho, ho"-ing over the finish line.
- I made an AMAZING Holiday playlist which really got me in the mood for the race. It was a lot of fun to see people dressed up and really using this to kick off their Holiday season! I instantly knew I would run it the next year!