Thank you for visiting our BibRave page. Run for the Zoo is an annual highlight on the Chicago running calendar. This year, we are excited to roll out NEW USATF-certified chip-timed courses. We are celebrating the 41st annual Run for the Zoo in a big way. Make sure you register soon to get in on this historic event! Run for the Zoo has sold out the last five years.
The 2019 10K and 5K courses will take place in and around the beautiful grounds of Lincoln Park Zoo. They will take racers on a journey winding past winged creatures and racing next to rhinos. After the race, all participants are invited for a post-race celebration on the zoo’s Main Mall.
The 41st annual Run for the Zoo benefits Lincoln Park Zoo and helps to keep it free and open 365 days a year. Your registration helps to provide state-of-the-art animal care, worldwide conservation, and wide-ranging education programs.
• 41st anniversary of one of Chicago’s favorite races.
• USATF-certified, chip-timed courses
• Beautiful route winding through Lincoln Park Zoo’s historic grounds
• TEAM CHALLENGE: Largest team, fastest team, and biggest fundraiser win fun prizes!
• NEW THIS YEAR Participants who donate a minimum of $25 will earn a commemorative medal!
• Limited-edition tech shirt
• Post-race celebration on the zoo’s Main Mall with DJ tunes
• Beer for participants ages 21+
The Safari Stampede is a mini obstacle course for kids to express their inner animal! Recommended for children ages 3-8 years old can participate in the Safari Stampede, located on the South Lawn near Park Place Cafe. Registration fee required; includes a special event participation shirt!
Back by popular demand, we are having a second wave of Safari Stampede! The first will start at 9 a.m., and the second will start 9:45 a.m.