Want to ruin your Ragnar experience forever? Do this race. You won't want to do any of the others!
Journey 200 miles from Miami to Key West. Finish on the white sandy beach. Get to see all of the Keys as you drive down A1A. One of your runners will even get to run on the famous Seven Mile Bridge!
The course is well-marked, and even when running alongside a canal where alligators live, I always felt safe. The volunteers are wonderful, and the race itself is very well-organized. The major exchanges have all of the amenities you would expect, complete with indoor toilets and showers. Parking at the exchanges can be a little dicey, however, just because of the limited space on the side of the road as you get closer to Key West.
Some of my tips:
1. However much water you think you will need, double it.
2. Whenever you stop, get more ice for the cooler.
3. A minivan might be a little cramped, but it's easier to navigate than a 15-passenger van.
4. Make sure that your runners overestimate their paces - you'll get an earlier start time, and you might need it. If you're, say, from the Midwest, you won't be used to the heat and humidity, and paces will slow accordingly.
5. Bring water with you on your run, no matter how short the distance.
6. Stay in Key West for a couple of days once you get there. You won't regret it!