Oh boy this was not a walk in the park, even though we actually ran through the park! I can't say that this was a race that was managed the best. With that being said, I am not going to completely tear this race apart because there are volunteers and companies that work hard on the race. Instead I will provide my PROS and my CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
- The sign up process is super easy through www.Athlinks.com.
- You pick up your bib at TC Running, which allows you to get all the needed race day essentials without driving around town to different places.
- There is a ton of parking at Maple Grove Senior High for the race.
- You get to start and end on the track of Maple Grove Senior High School.
- There are not a lot of runners so you never really feel crammed.
- The water stations are very well positioned.
- There is a bag check.
- The race course is way too long. If you are a USATF certified course you have to be closer calibrated.
- Maple Grove has two huge parks, why did we have to turn every couple of blocks through residential streets? Need to make the course more simple.
- Please have the correct start times on the website and in the email...
- Please warn the runners that the course is not closed to cars. Open courses require another level of awareness.
- The course should have individuals at all major or unexpected turns. Witnessed multiple runners missing the signage and needing to be called out to.
- This cannot be changed, but it is VERY HILLY AND DIFFICULT COURSE!
It is not the best race, but hopefully these changes get made for 2019 and there will be some improvements.