BibRave allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, events, votes, tips, and more. Please also read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site. And remember, be nice.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there's no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn't write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends' or relatives' business, or businesses in your networking group.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren't the place for rants about a race’s employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don't address the core of the consumer experience.
- Privacy: Don't publicize other people's private information. Please don't post close-up photos of other people without their permission, and please don't post other people's full names unless you're referring to service providers who are commonly identified by their full names.
- Intellectual property: Don't steal/borrow/appropriate/annex content from other sites or users. And please use your own photos!
- Review Guidelines: The best reviews have a lot of detail and convey a lot of enthusiasm. Think of what you wish you knew before this race and tell others!
- Personal experience: Make it personal. Try to tell your own story without resorting to broad generalizations. BibRave reviews must describe a firsthand consumer experience, not what someone read in the news or hear from a friend/colleague/acquaintance. In other words, you have to have paid for and participated in the event yourself, in order to leave a BibRave review.
- Accuracy: Make sure your review is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, but don't exaggerate or misrepresent your experience. We don't take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your review.
- Review updates: Review updates should reflect a new experience or interaction with the event. Don't tell the same old story you've already told. If you’ve run a race multiple years, feel free to leave a unique review for each year you participated.
· Photo Guidelines
We may remove photos that showcase a more unique personal experience as well as lower quality photos (e.g., too blurry or dark).
· User Profile Guidelines
Use your account profile to let people know who you are and what makes you tick. Users want to read race reviews from people they know and trust (not those with profiles that are empty or pictureless).
· Race Director Guidelines
Race Directors deserve a voice in the conversation too. Some words of wisdom:
- About Your Business: You can use the Welcome Message (included as part of your Race Director Platform subscription) to tell people a little something special about your event. Please keep it relevant and interesting.
- Public Comments: Race directors can address issues publicly by posting a public comment. Please upload a clear photo of yourself to help personalize your message. Don't use public comments to launch personal attacks, advertise, or offer an incentive to change a review.
- Video: Videos are a great way to promote your event on BibRave. Be as creative as you can, but please keep it clean and high quality.