Latest reviews by Jane
The Hot Chocolate 15K was overall a fun race. Nice SWAG, awesome medal, and giant finisher's mug filled to the brim with chocolate and treats.
That being said, there were a few things to keep note of:
1. I wasn't going for a PR but if I was a lot of weaving would have occurred. Make sure if you are aiming for time to get into a corral close to the start line. (I was in corral K for reference.)
2. There were 4 aid stations - 2 with water, and 2 with Gatorade and water. All with different race treats. (I’d say this was the strangest part of the race to me, while I get the theme they are going for, it being the Hot Chocolate Race and all, I could not have possibly have eaten chocolate chips, flavored marshmallows or tootsie rolls, and finished the race without stomach ache.)
3. The Port-o-Pottie lines were long on the course. Probably could have added a few.
4. The volunteers were awesome!
5. The expo was packed! Get there early!
All in all, it was a pretty fun race. This was my first 15K, and I have to say, I think it's an awesome distance. Totally achievable while challenging. The race takes place in January which almost guarantees perfect running weather here in SF. I would definitely recommend to a friend who was looking for a fun yet challenging race.
Full race recap here: http://sayhelloandgo.com/2015/01/15/sf-hot-chocolate-15k-race-recap/