- 3 miles/5K, 13.1/Half Marathon, 26.2 miles/Marathon
- Road Race
Overall this is a great race! It is small enough you don't feel super crowded but big enough you don't ever feel alone.
Here's what I loved about the race:
1. Free race photos! You have to look a little but since they are free, it's worth it and you save a ton of money!
2. The medal was voted on by the runners this year and is a really good size. It even has a bottle opener on it but it's not the focus of the entire medals. See pic below.
3. The course is flat and fast! If you are looking for a PR course, this is it!
4. The expo was outside next to the Crowne Plaza hotel right on the promenade! I loved the open air expo and it added to them theme of the race perfectly.
5. The aid stations were abundant and they even handed out Clif Shots around the half way make for the half marathoners.
6. The shirt was a fitted tech material which is nice. We also had the opportunity to pick up samples sometimes full sized of different products such as an energy drink, pain reliever, and athletic tape.
7. This race had the best post-race food! Lots of fruit, bagels, even some of my favorite candy! Win!
The course scenery wasn't much to write home about. You couldn't see the ocean for the entire run but you could see the mountains for a bit far off in the distance which was nice too.
Parking was easy for us since we stayed at the Crowne Plaza right next to the race, but there was plenty of free parking in the downtown area.
Overall this race is well organized and in a nice quiet town in California. We loved Ventura and had fun exploring the downtown area. I would definitely do this race again! It did get a little warm at the end so be mindful of that and be sure to be hydrated!
You can read more about my race recap by clicking this link: http://www.rungingerrunblog.com/1/post/2014/09/ventura-half-marathon-race-recap.html