- 3 miles/5K, Other
- Road Race
This is the second year we have done this race as a family and it is quickly becoming one of our Christmas traditions. It's a small, local 5k with a kids fun run all centered around a reindeer/Christmas theme. Here's a quick breakdown:
- Such a cute, cute race. Love the Christmas theme! Christmas music was playing at the start/finish line.
- SANTA was there! You could get your picture with Santa.
- Cute race backdrop for post race pictures.
- EVERYONE gets a medal - even the kids at the end of the fun run. It was so fun to watch my son's eyes light up as he got his "Rudolph medal". He had been looking forward to it for weeks.
- GREAT SWAG for a 5k. Really nice tech t-shirt, reindeer antlers (with bells) for everyone, a re-usable hand warmer and a little red bag to keep it all in.
- Plenty for the entire family to do. There's a kids fun run. And the race is held at a park with plenty of playground equipment.
- Great post-race refreshments! They had hot cocoa, sugar cookies to decorate yourself, chicken quesadillas, Chic-fil-a chicken biscuit minis, fruit salad, jambalaya, tea, lemonade, water.
- Fun award categories like "best group costume" and "best pet costume" along with age awards two people deep. The awards were really nice plaques too.
- MUCH better course this year. It wound through the neighborhood around the park. No more crossing busy, major roads.
- Nice, clean restrooms. No porta-potty ickiness. The park has nice, clean restrooms.
- A little later start, which makes it much easier if you're corralling little ones to run with you.
- Race costumes are hugely encouraged. So many cute Santas and elves out there.
- The roads weren't closed for traffic during the race. There wasn't much traffic but we had to really look out for a couple of cars on the opposite side of the road.
- The kids run was a little disorganized. I think the gun went off early and everyone started running in the wrong direction. Ha! But it was still really cute and fun.
Overall this is a fun, fun race for the entire family. We will definitely be back next year.