- 13.1 miles/Half Marathon
- Road Race
I hesitate to recommend this race. I've run it every year since it started in 2015 and the 2019 version was MARKEDLY different than past versions. I hope they clean up their act for 2020 because if this is the new norm for this race, I won't recommend it anymore and it'll eventually die.
What I liked:
- The course was the same as always. Super flat with a small bridge at mile 2 and 4.
- Weather is always nice this time of year
What I didn't like:
- There was no music for the Sarasota MUSIC Half Marathon. 20 bands were advertised along the course and there were THREE
- Shirts were unisex and pathetic
- Medals were not the same quality as they have always been
- No girl scout cookies at mile 8 (as advertised)
- No beer at mile 12 (as advertised)
- Porta potties were still being set up 1 hour before the race start
- Starting corrals were a complete cluster
- Post-race food was nowhere near as good or bountiful as past races
Overall, this has been such a good race but this year was a total bust. The guy who founded the race sold it to a new race management group and they almost single handedly destroyed it in just a few months. Hopefully they recognized the problems and will make the changes for next year. If not, next year will be the last time I run this race.