- 3 miles/5K, 6 miles/10K, 13.1 miles/Half Marathon
- Road Race
- Event Website
I ran the 5k on Saturday, July 19 as part of the Remix Challenge (5k Saturday, half marathon Sunday).
Things I liked:
• Running along the lake is always nice, and since it started farther north than most other races, it was a little bit different scenery.
• Great medal.
• I believe there were 2 aid stations.
• 1 or 2 bands on course.
• Good post-race food/drink (banana, bottled water, bagel, and pretzels).
• Easy to get to via parking at Millennium Garages or CTA.
• 8 am start.
• Shalane Flanagan was there!
• After party with a band playing (kept me entertained while waiting in line to meet Shalane).
• At the expo received a black Rock 'n' Roll drawstring bag along with some free small samples (like sunscreen)
Things I didn't like:
• Expo closed at 7pm on Friday. McCormick Place isn't the easiest of places to get to via CTA (or driving, really). It took much longer to get there than anticipated, due to Friday traffic and the bus was jam packed.
• Saturday 5k shirt was HUGE. I got a S (usually go with M) and it felt like an XL. No joke.
• Michelob Ultra was the beer. With all the great craft beer in the city, would love to have them be represented instead.
You can read my full recap here: