- 3 miles/5K
- Road Race
What could be better than running a race through a Ghost Town? That's what I thought when I signed up for the 5K event as part of the 2018 Austin Haunted Half. Instead, it was a morning filled with confusion and chaos- not what any runner wants to experience before their race.
- Was pretty unremarkable. Up a paved road with a turn-around back.
- At the very end, the course goes through a haunted house, but people in costumes jumped out at me, which I thought was very unsafe in the dark.
- No water station on the 5k
-The venue was adorable and perfect for photo shoots!
-The medal and T-shirt were well-designed and Fun!
- The race began with many of the participants still trying to find parking
- There was limited parking- even for people like me who paid EXTRA for VIP tickets, could not find a parking space. I was told by staff that "they sold too many VIP spaces".
-Staff management started to avoid answering questions at the "help" desk.
- The race medals were 2 different sizes- the half marathon size was larger. The staff just started passing these out to 5k finishers who asked for them.
- Race results were not posted for more than 24 hours
- Race pictures were not posted for weeks!