- 3 miles/5K, 9 miles/15K
- Road Race
This was my second running of this race since 2011 and it was much better than the first. Starting in Corral A made a world of difference but it seemed very well organized with the staggered start. Announcements were clear and all runners seemed calmed for the great temperature of the morning to race. It is however amazing that 40,000+ runners do this race which by in large is the same count for the Marathon just a few weeks earlier in October. Quite amazing for organizers to arrange and have it not feel like a complete clusterfuck.
Its quite lovely to see the LARGE number of first time runners in this race. It even shows by the wearing of the race jacket which runners rarely do at races from packet pickup. They are all nervous but only guaranteed similes are expected before the days end.
- The Aid stations were not mighty but they packed a punch by having VERY energetic volunteers
- The course was spread out enough that racing was not problematic
- Finding the packet pickup at the Hyatt was WAY HARDER than it needed to be but getting the goods was quick. Go figure the escalator maze probably got lots of people lost.
- Post race was incredibly crowded but that added to the greatness of the race with music, dancing and lots of chocolate.
- Lower Wacker is interesting to run in but is a logistical nightmare.
- Not much else problematic with this race. It was pretty good
Overall, a yearly occurrence as long as it stays the same.