Newly acquired by Represent Running to help keep the event alive, the Across the Bay 12K and 415K is part of their Run the Bay challenge. I ran this in 2015 and was speedbumping at the time (read: pregnant enough that folks knew it wasn't a burrito) so I opted to run the 5K option.
- great tees and medals, as always
- good post-race snacks and photo op
- very close to the Farmer's Market (which we hit up after the race, yum)
- well marked and officiated
- the first thing we did was run up a small hill, which thankfully my buddy and I had walked down to get to the start, so we knew what to expect.
We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day in the city. It was fast, flat course with a lot of exposure, so we actually got a lot of sun! I always love the cheering that happens on an out-and-back course. I heard from the 12Kers that running across the bridge was a fun to-do (since it's not normally something most folks do) and I can't wait to do it myself this summer.
2015 - http://littlebeastling.com/2015/04/27/acrossthebay2015/